For Over 25 Years Serving Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts
Free Consultation1-855-Petelaw | 1-855-738-3529


Stop the collection companies from harassing you!
Reasonable rates
Legally eliminate:

  • Medical Bills
  • 2nd Mortgages
  • Bank Loans
  • Co-Signed Debts
  • Taxes
  • Other Bills
  • Credit Card Debt
  • Lawsuits
  • Creditor Harassment
  • Pay Attachments
  • Utility Shut Offs


If your mortgage company is threatening or has begun foreclosure against your property, the law provides immediate relief.
If you have steady income you can file a Chapter 13 that will compel the mortgage company to stop the foreclosure proceedings immediately and to pay the payments that you are behind along with at least a percentage of your credit cards and loans over a 3 to 5 year period. A Chapter 13 will also discharge the unsecured debt you have. By Federal Law your mortgage company has no alternative but to stop the foreclosure no matter what stage it is in!

You Have A Right to Sue Harassing Debt Collectors Debt collectors must treat you with truth, fairness, dignity, and respect. Period. Any debt collector who crosses the line and abuses you for the collection of a consumer debt can be sued in federal court for damages under a law called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).

Debt Collectors Are Prohibited From Doing Lots of Things Threatening lawsuits, garnishment, liens, or arrest for not paying a bill Calling your family, friends, neighbors or employers to collect a debt Leaving abusive phone messages Insulting, yelling or swearing at you Calling your workplace after telling the collector not to call you there Lying, threatening, or otherwise harassing you in any way If you have suffered from any of these abusive bill collection practices, you may be entitled to compensation. We can help any consumer who is currently in collections, or has suffered from collection harassment. Call us today at 855-PeteLaw to speak with an attorney and get a free phone consultation on your case.

What to Do if You’re Abused By a Collector
If you’re contacted by a debt collector, you have a right to dispute the debt either verbally or in writing. If you want to preserve some rights under the FDCPA, you must send a written dispute within 30 days of your receipt of the first “validation notice” from the debt collector. Even if you owe the debt, or you cannot pay, you still have rights under the FDCPA. Most of our clients owe the debt being collected but because of financial circumstances, or a dispute over the goods or services, they cannot pay it. In order to preserve your rights under the law, it’s important for you to keep good records of all of the contacts.

Important Steps You Can Take To Help Your Case

  • Save copies of all letters and notices from collection agencies.
  • Save all phone messages and voice mails- this is very important!
  • Make note of your conversations with these bill collectors.
  • Call a consumer rights attorney to help you recover your damages.
Featured Articles
Dina C.  Warren, R.I. Dina C. Warren, R.I.
" I am very pleased with my choice in choosing Peter and his firm to handle my case. He answered all of my questions and was very precise at everything. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an attorney!"
Daniel N. Newport, RIDaniel N. Newport, RI
" The actions taken in my case were always pleasant and outstanding. It has been an honor to work with this firm!
Elaine B. Middletown, RIElaine B. Middletown, RI

"Communication with this firm was very friendly, everything was explained to me in a very clear easy to understand way."

Gary K., Bradford RIGary K., Bradford RI

"On a scale of one to 10, I would rate the service of this firm a 10."!

We Have Five Convenient Locations  To Serve You

  • One Richmond Square, Providence, RI (401) 831-4666
  • 615 Jefferson Boulevard, Warwick, RI (401) 737-1500
  • 117 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI (401) 848-5200
  • 133 Main Street, Wakefield, RI (401) 782-1700
  • One Short Street, Northhampton, MA (413) 301-9008